Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Torrid Love Affair. . . It's truly not as salacious as it seems

Today's Mood: Bitch try me. . .
Forecast: Cloudy with a chance of bitch slap. I kid...maybe.


My love affair with poetry. . .


Poetry used to be a huge part of my life back in the not so good old days. The first time I fell in love it was with poetry. I wrote things down to escape my past and present misery at the time and it never really occurred to me that it was any good. Until some time in high school I had the immense pleasure of meeting a man by the name of John Bennett (I hope I'm spelling his last name right). He saw something in me that I didn't know I possessed, at the time. There was a pain  that took up residence behind my eyes that he somehow grasped on to. I put on a brave face so no one knew but that pain was suffocating me. I channeled that aggression and some of the misguided abhorrence into poetry and as it turns out although my experiences were mostly shrouded in darkness and despair, I somehow always found it in my heart and soul to personify love. Thus a true love affair with poetry began. I wonder what John is up to these days. I hope he's found love and has a little girl named Soliloquy to prove it.

So today on a whim, I picked up my purple pen and yellow paper (random tidbit: those are my two favorite colors and no that does not a Lakers fan make ;-p) I wrote a paragraph long affirmation for reasons I will not get into. Maybe I'll save that for another day. Basically today July eleventh has some significance to me and I wanted to get it in writing that I acknowledge chance and change coming into my life and I accept it and welcome it with both arms open. One thing led to another and I had one of those stream of consciousness moments and I began to describe the way that I love as it pertains to who I am. And a poem was born.



88

My love is a blessing, wrapped in blissful sin
A deep ache,
A pang that evokes the lifeless to life

My love heals, my love is salvation
My saving grace

My love is the impassioned root
Of a centuries old Cypress

My love is a wave, it runs deep
Gives life, makes us whole and new

My love is spiced rum
and black sand beaches

My love is an Oracle
I'll love you and. . .
You'll love me too.

My love is criminal
It will take your life and your heart
It will only take the best of you
As I only give the best of me.

My love is an escape from painful childhood memories
Forgiveness for their sins.

Acceptance into the fold
Our own secret society

My love is excruciating anguish and desire
My love is mad
Mad for you

My love is savage
It thirst for your blood
For vengeance
For hurt
For sweet misery

My love is lust
One mind-numbing kiss
Orgasmic tears
The ring of fire
That quintessential push
A push toward greatness
Which brings forth life.

My love is brutal
It conquers all.

My love is bare
Provocative
In her Agent Provocateur
Red
Lace
Negligence

My love is a threat
To hatred
To disagreements and
Misunderstandings

My love is a fork-tongued whore
She'll efface you
And displace you

Into an abyss

A place of reckoning
on the cusps of Yin
And Yang

My love is the bow in your back
And the arch at your feet

My love is a Mantra
A Mana.

Oh God, Oh God, Oh God. . .

My love is the Second and
Third and Fourth coming.

My love is catastrophic
The Big Bang
The Year of the Dragon
Eighty-eight set to flames
Forever.
Twice infinity

My love
Is.
Silence.

Take from it what you will. For me this is life. These moments of silence and spiritual solitude, where I'm allowed to be simply me. It's thought provoking to say the least. It's a special love affair that I have with myself, that could never be duplicated.


"A woman is a creature of mystery."- Unknown

As such she should be allowed to flourish, undisturbed, within her spirit, her place of silence, peace and solitude. There are no explanations owed to the masses. The relationship with self is sacred, cherished and sanctified. We have all the answers. Be seated within your spirit.



Namaste bitches ;)

P.S. Smile.




A.





No comments:

Post a Comment