Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The reality of the situation is. . .

Today's mood: Centered

I'm in the process of researching and writing up a prospectus for a potential business venture. I say potential because the ideas are there, the planning has begun, the concept can be translated from theory to reality but the energy behind the idea is not yet kinetic. I'm stressing and freaking out because at this point in my life failure is not an option.

In intimate conversations with friends and family, I always say that one should not plan life according to age but rather the stage that we're at in our lives. Right now I feel like I'm at the stage in my life where I must get my ducks in a row, so to speak. In this season of my life is a profound, relentless devotion to God, dedication and honesty to self and to my valued and trusted relationships, and to strengthening a foundation in order to accomplish future goals.

I must admit that I have certain reasonable concerns, like; am I making the right decision, is this the business route for me, can I succeed in this industry, do I have what it takes, do I have the perseverance and fortitude to weather the ups and downs that inevitably come with being a small business owner in my twenties. All are reasonable fears. I will immerse myself in my spirituality and in prayer in order to overcome these fears one at a time. Within the relationship I have with myself, God is at the center of it and I want to go on faith and believe that I can do anything because my spiritual strength goes beyond any human emotion. There is no room for doubts in my spiritual wheelhouse. That is what I hold on to as I take the necessary steps to secure my future.

So the journey begins. It's exciting to take the road less traveled, to set a goal that defies anyone's expectations of you and for you, to defy common logic, to do what is considered a great risk which may or may not reap the expected reward. I've been given a line to walk through this life and I only ever intend to walk it by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment